Sunday, June 8, 2008

June 8, 2008 - Parkersburg, IA Tornado

We have really grown close to the people here in Parkersburg. Tonight was the first town hall meeting. I was asked to sit in front with the police chief, sheriff, and the town board. They opened up the meeting by welcoming the community to the first town hall meeting since the tornado, which was held in an abandoned mechanic garage on the outskirts of town. Then the chief said, “First order or business, many of you have seen the large black trucks in town opening up roads. We would like to introduce you to the man who owns those trucks, Tad Agoglia.” I was taken aback as everyone from the town gave me a standing ovation.

Later tonight I was told by many people that we gave them hope that they could begin again – because they saw progress and because people cared enough to come help. They simply felt better days were ahead. I’m thankful we can help.





No comments:

Post a Comment