Thursday, April 3, 2008

April 3, 2008 - Norfolk, AR Floods

We stayed in Clarendon for about a week until the river situation was stabilized. We had a chance to work closely with the officials in charge, monitor the levees, keep looters away from all the homes that were under water, and help with water pumping when the levees had small seepage.

Reports were coming in from another struggling community about eight hours away. I have not yet decided how many storms I will respond to this year. At some point I am going to have to get back and focus on my for-profit contracting company but for now we are not that far away – and I hear the town has lost up to 100 homes.

I want to do something with my life besides just working, making money, and living the American Dream. Don’t get me wrong…I would love to have a home and a decent car to drive but I want something a little more than that – something money can’t buy. I know there is something more in this life than just working and making money, and I want to find out what that is. For now I’m just going to keep doing what it is I’m doing here. Creating the First Response Team with specialized equipment, technology and staffing. Why? Because it needs to be done. From what I can tell so far we are the only ones doing it and communities in America need this kind of help.

I hope I never lose the passion to live a life worth living, to be a part of something so much greater than myself, to invest in funds that never lose their value…a Wall Street in the clouds if I could be so dreamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment